Award Winning Crockpot Chili Recipe
Our award winning chili recipe is filled with beef, beans and veggies with a kick thanks to a secret spice blend and jalapenos. Simmer on low for six hours, then serve up this thick, hearty crockpot chili recipe with a chili fixing bar featuring sour cream, cilantro, cheese, onions, more jalapenos, cornbread, Fritos – so many choices!
Your guests are going to love this chili and once you have a taste, you’ll know why it’s the best crockpot chili recipe.
Award Winning Crockpot Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Meat, Vegetables, Beans
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 5 slices thick sliced hardwood hickory smoked bacon
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 3 ribs celery chopped
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1/2 – 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 10.5 oz beef consomme (or beef stock)
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 can chili beans (pinto beans in mild or medium sauce)
- 1 can kidney beans in mild chili sauce
- Prepare the vegetables for the recipe first. Roughly chop the red and green peppers and celery.
- Seed the jalapeno pepper(s), removing the seeds and membrane, then finely dice. Use more jalapeno for a spicier chili. Peel and dice one small yellow onion.
- Cook the bacon in a large cast iron skillet, until the bacon is lightly crisp but not overdone. Remove the bacon and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Saute the vegetables in the bacon grease for about 5 minutes, until tender. Remove the vegetables from the skillet, draining as much bacon grease from the vegetables as you can.
- Cook the ground beef in the skillet with the bacon grease. Cook the beef one pound at a time so the meat has enough room to brown and not steam. Break the ground beef into pieces about 1 – 2 inches. When cooked through, remove from the skillet and repeat with remaining meat.
- Measure all of the spices into a small bowl, and mix together.
- The next step is to assemble all of the ingredients into the slow cooker. Mix the beef consomme or beef stock in the crockpot with the tomato paste. Add the Worcestershire sauce and spice mixture, and stir to blend. Taste the mixture and adjust spices as you like. Add the cans of tomatoes and beans, all undrained. Add the beef and sauteed vegetables. Chop or cut the bacon into about ½ inch pieces and add to the crockpot chili mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for about six hours. I love that this is a crockpot chili recipe! It’s so easy to put together in the morning and have delicious chili ready for dinner!
Serve this thick and hearty crockpot chili with a chili fixing bar featuring all your favorite toppings – sour cream, cilantro, cheese, onions, more jalapenos, Fritos – so many choices! Your guests are going to LOVE this chili and once you’ve had a taste, you’ll know why it’s the one of the best crockpot chili competition recipes you’ll find!
Michael D Kettering
I won’t even give you a 1star. Made it as recipe said. Let it rest 24 hours. It was a complete stank! I received 2 votes for best chili. Wow! Stop dropping the shit when it sucks! And this sucked according to 200 people!
Ellise Buell Owen
Just won our clubs Chili Cook off! Made as directed with the exception of 1/4 of a large jalapeno pepper..
Really solid recipe! Very nice. The only thing that I left out was the basil. It’s great in Italian dishes, but that’s just not a chili flavor to me. Used some ground coriander instead.
This recipe is AMAZING! Definitely the best chili I’ve ever made. Instead of using 2 lbs of ground beef, I used 1 lb of ground beef and 1 lb of ground pork. I added 2 chopped cloves of garlic to the veggies (just because I love garlic in everything) and probably about a cup of beef broth to the crock pot before cooking because it looked a little thick for my liking. My husband raved about how it tasted and I’m already going to make it again this coming weekend for friends. This will be my chili recipe from now on! Thanks!
I won first place in a chili cook off using this recipe to the tee!
I WON FIRST PLACE! Entered a chili cook off and took first place! Great recipe!
I made this chili and followed the video and did the receipe exactly as they said. Took it work and it was a big hit. Best Chili ever.
The best chili I’ve ever had ! Hands down!
I won my first chili cook off . Thanks for sharing!