This Cream Corn Recipe is such a family favorite and tastes just like the incredible cream corn Rudy’s Bar-B-Q is known for. If you’ve had the good luck to sample it at Rudy’s you already know how creamy and delicious this is, and if you haven’t yet, well you’re in for something special with this!
It wasn’t that long ago that our youngest would bypass the brisket and make a beeline for the cream corn, slathering it between pieces of white bread to make a sandwich dripping with this luscious cream and corn. He’s such a happy little guy now that we can make his favorite at home ?!
Rudy’s Cream Corn Recipe
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- In a heavy bottomed pot, melt 1/4 cup of unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of heavy cream and the 8 oz package of softened cream cheese cut into pieces, stirring to melt.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, continuing to stir frequently.
- Once the cream cheese has melted, add 3 cups of fresh or frozen corn. I'm using frozen, and it's going to take the temperature of the mixture down a bit when it's added.
- Continue to cook on low for about 5 minutes to heat it through.
- Remove from heat and add about 2 tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese and stir to incorporate it.