Our White Wine Cake Recipe tops the most requested cakes on our list! This cake recipe with wine in the batter & a sugar syrup spiked with wine has an amazing floral flavor and leaves everyone guessing what the secret ingredient is. I promise you, everyone will ask for seconds, then thirds, and then beg for this recipe!
This simple and unassuming white wine cake recipe is also known as Southern Crack Cake. All it takes is one little bite of this decadent dessert and you’ll understand why it’s so beloved.
Our Southern Crack Cake recipe with wine doubles up the white wine, adding it to both the batter and to the sugar syrup that gets poured over the top. It’s an easy cake mix cake recipe and the wine syrup glaze sends it over the top, making it a wonderful choice for brunches, bridal showers and a perfect potluck idea. You can include this one in your special award winning cake recipes file!
White Wine Cake Recipe AKA Southern Crack Cake
White Wine Cake Ingredients
- 1 box 15 oz yellow cake mix
- 1 box 3.4 oz vanilla pudding (no bake Jello)
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
White Wine Sugar Syrup Ingredients
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- To start, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour the bundt pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, vanilla pudding, ¼ cup white sugar, ¼ cup brown sugar, cinnamon, water, olive oil and ½ cup of white wine.
- Blend on medium low speed for 30 seconds to incorporate all of the ingredients, stopping to scrape the bowl as necessary. Then beat on medium high for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan, tapping the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated over for 50 – 60 minutes. Test for doneness using a long skewer. When the skewer comes out clean, remove the cake from the oven.
How To Make White Wine Sugar Syrup Directions
- While the cake is cooking, prepare the wine sugar syrup. Melt ½ cup of unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Stir in 1 cup of sugar and ¼ cup of white wine.
- Cook gently, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Let cool slightly.
Finishing The Cake With White Wine Syrup
- Pour the warm wine syrup over the cake while it is still hot, which will help it more easily absorb the delicious syrup.
- Let the cake cool for about 30 minutes, then top with a serving platter and flip the bundt pan over.Tap on the pan to help release the cake, and gently remove the pan.
- Top the cake by sprinkling on powdered sugar, and serve with fresh berries, whipped cream or your favorite ice cream.