Buffalo Chicken Chili With White Beans
Our Award Winning Chicken Chili is a delicious Buffalo Chicken Chili with white beans and it’s delicious topped with all your favorite buffalo chicken toppings – carrots, celery, blue cheese crumbles, ranch or sour cream. Buffalo Chicken Chili is one of our favorite game day recipes and it’s a tasty way to warm up on a cold day. If you’re looking for a new spin on chili for your next chili competition, try this award winning chicken chili!
This buffalo chicken chili is packed with flavor and ready in less than an hour. It’s one of the best chicken chili I’ve made and perfect for game day snacks or potlucks and you can keep it warm in a crockpot. Serve this award winning chicken chili over potatoes, rice or it’s amazing over homemade mac and cheese. Add your favorite toppings to serve, we like fresh celery, shredded carrots, blue cheese crumbles, and ranch dressing. And serve more Frank’s Hot Sauce for drizzling on top!
Award Winning Chicken Chili | Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, tenders or breasts
- 1/4 + cup Frank's RedHot Wings sauce
- 1/2 large sweet onion diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 2 cans Great Northern white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes drained
- 2 tbsp chili powder blend
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp powdered garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 oz tomato puree (optional)
- First, prepare the chicken. You'll need 1 – 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, and you can use chicken thighs, chicken tenders or breasts. Trim the chicken, and cut into chunks about 1/2 inch in size. Season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 – 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the chicken is cooking, peel and dice 1/2 of a large onion (or a medium onion). Dice about 1/2 cup of celery ribs. Add the onion and celery to the chicken, and cook for about 5 minutes, just until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the spices to the chicken chili. Measure out 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 teaspoons ground cumin and 2 tablespoons chili powder. Give the mixture a stir and let this cook for a minute or two.
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth. Add one can of fire roasted tomatoes. I've drained the juice before adding. Drain and rinse the 2 cans of great northern white beans, and add to the chicken chili. If you stop here, you'll have a really delicious white bean chicken chili.
- Next to add the Franks Hot Sauce for the buffalo chicken flavor. I've got 1/2 cup of Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce, and I'll stir in about half of that to start, so about 1/4 cup. You can add more if you like it spicier. Give the chili a stir, and then simmer uncovered for 20 – 30 minutes to let the spices meld together and to get the chicken nice and tender.
And if you’re looking to take first prize with a beef chili, try our Crockpot Chili Recipe – Award Winning Chili Recipe! Click here to watch the recipe on YouTube