Banana Pudding Pie From Scratch | Easy Banana Cream Pie
Making Banana Pudding Pie from scratch is super easy and this recipe makes a luscious banana cream pie with rich vanilla pudding, banana slices in every bite and the perfect crunchy, buttery graham cracker crust. This dreamy dessert is completely from scratch and you’ll love how quickly it comes together with simple ingredients you’ll already have. I promise you, not only is this simple to make, it’s also incredibly delicious and your family will feel all the love you’ve put into this delicious, creamy pie with every bite!
Our Banana Pudding Pie needs to chill for at least 6 – 8 hours, or overnight so plan to make this ahead of time and it’s great for making the day before serving at your next party or potluck.
Banana Pudding Pie From Scratch | Easy Banana Cream Pie | Easy Dessert Recipes
Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 10 – 12 graham crackers)
- 6 tablespoons butter if using unsalted, add 1/2 tsp salt here
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Banana Pudding Pie Ingredients
- 4 large ripe (but firm) bananas
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
How To Make The Graham Cracker Crust
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the 6 tablespoons of butter.Add 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix this all together.
- Press firmly into a 9 inch pie dish and bake for about 12 minutes until golden. Cool completely before filling, this will take about 30 minutes.
Banana Cream Pie Filling Instructions
- Slice 4 ripe but firm bananas into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a saucepan, whisk together 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of cornstarch. Add 3 egg yolks and 2 eggs, and whisk vigorously until the mixture is smooth, making sure to get along the sides of the pan.
- Mix in 3 cups of whole milk and 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Cook over medium heat for about ten minutes, whisking often, until it begins to simmer and you see gentle bubbles along the sides and the pudding begins to thicken.
- Reduce the heat, and continue to simmer for about 3 minutes, whisking the entire time. Then remove from heat and let this cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter, and whisk it into the pudding until it's completely melted. Add the sliced bananas, gently folding them into the pudding.
- Pour the pudding into the cooled crust, smoothing it evenly to the sides. Chill this pie for at least 6 – 8 hours or overnight.
How To Make The Whipped Cream
- Beat 2 cups of heavy cream with 1/4 cup powdered sugar, until soft peaks form. Top the pie with whipped cream and serve.
Here are some of our favorite easy dessert recipes to share with family and friends:
Easy Classic Vanilla Cheesecake
And we’ve put together a playlist of all our favorite potluck recipes for you here: